CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

'Tis been a while.....

It has been entirely way too long since I've "blogged" anything.

Since I have written, as most of you already know....Salia was born May 24th 2009 at a whopping 7 lbs. 5 oz.

My labor was probably the worst experience of my life. I had contractions ALL DAY starting at 7 am. I finally decided to go to the hospital around 6 pm only to be 3 cm. dilated (I needed one more centimeter). I had the option to walk around the hospital for an hour or two or just go home. I decided to just go home, which was the WORST idea. I truly was in labor and dilated to 6 cm. at home. I stayed home in labor until 12 pm. I can't describe how painful this was...not to mention, Salia's head was resting wrong on my pelvic bone...making me have intense back labor.

We also had a few scares. The doctor decided to break my water not knowing that throughout the night I would only dilate 1 cm. This caused several problems. Salia's umbilical cord was wrapped around her body...so throughout the night, they had to come in and literally roll me over and shake me to bring her heart rate back up. Because her heart rate kept dropping, we had to do an emergency c-section at 3 pm. So basically, I was in a whole lot of pain for about 15 hours +. When I finally got to hold her, it was definitely worth it.


Other than raising Salia, Sam and I haven't been doing too much. We went to the Churami Aquarium last weekend. Even though Salia probably didn't understand too much of what was going on, it was nice to get out on the beautiful day and enjoy being a little family.

Good news to our families on the west coast. Sam and I are more than likely going to Hawaii for the next duty station in 2011. Sam actually got orders 2 days ago to leave in February to Camp Pendleton in California, but I don't think we are going to take them. Plus, I don't think the monitor would have completely approved Sam cutting his Okinawa tour 2 years short. It wouldn't be fair to the other marines who did tour conversions that have to stay three years. If we went to California, the chances of Sam deploying immediately are very high.



Since I've been away from blogging so long, here are some pictures from the past 6 months:


2 comments:

Allison said...

I need to hold that baby!

Andy -n- Molly said...

hey guys, we're taking our blog private... send your email to us at anmwoodbury@gmail.com so we can make sure to add you to the list.